Blogs > Lighten Up with Andrea

Andrea Muenker of Mentor said she's looking for the drive to get active and get control of her weight.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Eating My Vegetables

I love vegetables!  I'm experimenting and trying new vegetables that haven't been on my regular shopping list.  Eggplant is this week's new vegetable.  Made a black bean lasagna (Trisha Yearwood's recipe) and substituted eggplant for the noodles.  It was absolutely delicious and very filling.  I have also made baba ghanoush a few times this past month and it is great with pita. 

Next week I will incorporate kale into my diet, my son has described how he cooked it and I can't wait to try it when he is home on spring break. 

In order to keep motivated as I move forward with losing weight, I will try new recipes and use vegetables that I don't normally eat.  Really looking forward to discovering some new favorites~


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home